Milwaukee Art Museum



Today I went to the Milwaukee Art Museum with some friends to see some of the art I learned about in Art History such as Lichtenstein, Cole, Turner, Rothko, Monet, Warhol, Moore, Copley Renoir, and O’Keefe, as well as some I had not seen before. One of them that caught my eye was an oil painting done by Reginald Marsh called “Vaudeville Turn.” This one was one of my favorites because it made me laugh right off the bat. With where the two men are placed it draws the viewers attention to them and makes you take a second look at it. You can defiantly tell the two of these men are in the show business and enjoy it very much.
Another one of my favorites was a Still Life by a man named Severin Roesen done with Oil on canvas in 1852. This one was one of my favorites mainly because of how real it looks and the attention to detail there was in the painting. The flowers are very life like and pretty as well as the half eaten watermelon the seeds all over the places. The only thing I don’t like about this painting is the grapes because they look fake which was probably the reason because back then it would take a long time to paint all that detail so the fruit would have to be fake otherwise it would rot.

No comments:

Post a Comment