Free Choice Breadth



These were my two free choice breadth projects. The one at the top is a picture I took in photography of box elder bugs that were on a bunch of leaves on the ground. To get a good shot I actually had to lay down on the ground and that is when I realized I was laying on smaller baby box elder bugs. I was playing around with the aperture setting on the camera so that the closest object to me was in crisp focus but everything that was behind it would be blurry. I wish it hadn't been as blurry but maybe that is something I could work on next time. The idea for the drawing underneath the photo was that when we are about to die we have all these thoughts of what we could of done or things we think as we are dying. The tree represents our last breath and how when our "last leaf" falls we die. I like the concept behind this but I wish I would have spent more time on rendering the tree since I created it to be in a drawing portfolio.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Hannah. I love the concept for the tree, just needs to be worked on a bit more in terms of craftsmanship and execution. Might also consider doing a close-up of the various parts so we can see better.

    ReplyDelete